Birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, houses are selling.
It’s official, Springtime is finally here and you know what that means – home buying and selling season is in full gear!
With new home prices and mortgage interest rates at historic lows, many sellers are taking advantage of the extremely low home inventory levels and selling their existing home to move into a more modern, more energy-efficient new home.
If you are one of those sellers looking to move-up, having your home in tip top shape will get you sold faster.
Are you ready? Here are a few tips to make the best first impression:
1. Place directional signs in obvious locations. (You want prospective homebuyers to find your home!)
2. Rake exterior mulch and replace any wilted plants.
3. Sweep the entry and remove cobwebs from exterior and interior where necessary.
4. Turn off the sprinkler system the day of showings – you don’t want your prospects to get wet!
5. Make sure the pool has been swept and pressure wash the surrounding area.
6. Provide a clean outdoor cigarette receptacle with a sign.
7. Have a hand vacuum ready for quick pick-ups.
8. Touch up marks on walls and trim with fresh paint.
9. Turn off water valves to prevent water marks in sinks and tubs.
10. Adjust air conditioning to a cooler temperature. Remember your visitors have been out all day in the heat looking at homes.
11. Turn on all interior and exterior lights and replace any burned out bulbs.
12. Polish any brass and stainless appliances.
13. Clean carpet spots and vacuum so traffic patterns disappear.
14. Refold all kitchen and bath towels for a fresh look.
15. Fluff pillows on sofas and beds.
16. Turn on TV’s, but keep the sound level low.
17. If you have a sound system, turn the music on.
18. Remove all debris; check all cabinets, drawers, closets and garage for extra wallpaper and carpet scraps, paint cans, etc.
Adams Homes is one of the largest privately-held new home builders in the southeast. Adams Homes has built more than 35,000 new homes since 1991 and builds in seven states including Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Discover all Adams Homes communities, model homes and homes for sale anytime on our website, https://www.adamshomes.com/. While you’re there, explore our mortgage calculator and obtain financing information.