It’s that time of the year when the majority of homeowners who are considering selling their homes finally decide to list.
Spring can be one of the best times of the year to list your home on the market. The flowers are in bloom which gives great curb appeal. School is close to letting out for the summer and this time of year is when most people can and are willing to move. This makes spring the perfect time of the year to list your home on the real estate market.
One of the most heavily debated topic when listing a home is whether to list with a Realtor or to go at it alone and list your home as “For Sale by Owner” (FSBO). No one really knows what the correct answer is, every situation is different and every home can end up with various results. Here are some things to consider when making the decision on whether or not to list with a Realtor or list as a “For Sale by Owner” (FSBO).
If you’re considering “For Sale by Owner” (FSBO) here are some great marketing techniques. Online Marketing is a great way to get your home tons of exposure, which can lead to a quicker or beneficial sale. A great website you can use to list your home is Trulia.com. When listing your home the more pictures you have available on your listing the better. It’s a proven fact the more pictures available to look at the more interest and exposure your listing will receive. Another great idea is to post a virtual tour of your home on YouTube. This is a great way to help market your home and help draw in more interest. Facebook can be a great way to market your home. Don’t be afraid of the internet when marketing your home “For Sale by Owner” (FSBO). It can be one of the best and most beneficial tools in marketing your home in today’s world.
Here are some things to remember and you should do your research on when you are deciding whether or not to list “For Sale by Owner” (FSBO).
- PRICE AGGRESSIVELY – Do your research. The price you decide to list your home at can play a big factor in the length of time your home spends on the market. Something to remember… the price can limit the market of people who would consider or be interested in your neighborhood and the current condition of your home. So do your research and price aggressively.
- STAGE LIKE A PRO – The appearance of your home can affect the sale of your home. Be on top of your game and stage your home to appeal to just about anyone. (Tip: Take down all or at least most all of your personal photos, so when the person looking/considering your home can picture themselves in the home, this helps your home appeal to everybody, not just you.)
In today’s market, some homeowners can tend to shy away from using a Realtor when they have to consider a commission fee. We as homeowners can tend to forget about all the pro’s when ruling out listing with a Realtor, due to our fear of a commission fee. Here are some pro’s to remember before you completely decide to rule out using a Realtor to list your home.
- When listing with a realtor you can get the unlimited benefits and exposure of the MLS, which only a Realtor has the ability to list your home for sale on.
- Realtors can help you negotiate including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishing or equipment. A Realtor is there to help guide you through the closing process and they help make sure everything flows together smoothly.
- A Realtor can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the market place and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your home sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
- Your Realtor knows when, where and how to best advertise, market and network your home.
ALL of these things can result in a quick and more beneficial sale of your home. So before you let the commission fee scare you off, consider the pros and cons of listing your home with a Realtor.
Every home sale is different so do your research on listing with a Realtor or listing “For Sale by Owner” (FSBO) and then decided what route is the best for you and your own unique situation when deciding to list your home.
The internet can be your best friend when considering to list. My best advice is to do your homework and choose the path that is best for you.
What are your thoughts when it comes to listing your home? Do you have a preference or opinion on whether a homeowner should list with a Realtor or attempt to list their home “For Sale by Owner” (FSBO)?
Adams Homes is known as the premier home builder and is one of the largest privately-held home building companies in the southeast. Adams Homes has built more than 35,000 new homes since 1991 and builds in seven states including new homes for sale in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina,South Carolina and Tennessee.
Discover all Adams Homes communities, model homes and homes for sale on our website, here. We have new homes for sale perfect for the first-time buyer, move-up home buyer, who desires to upgrade to a more accommodating new home, and the empty nester who desires to downsize to a smaller home .
While you’re at our website, explore our mortgage calculator and obtain financing information.