Written by: Gail Morris
This month's issue:
- Our Communities
- Ready Now Homes
- Realtor Spotlight
- What's Happening?
- Did You Know?
- Sales Agent of the Quarter
Robins Ridge II—Trad/Patio
Twin Pines II—Traditional
Click on Community Name for Additional Community Info
READY NOW HOMES
to view our HOTSHEET and READY NOW HOMES inventory!
Adams Homes Loves Realtors! This month is was my honor and pleasure to sit down with REALTOR® Preston Murphy with Keller Williams Realty Gulf Coast. Preston is one half of the phenomenal real estate team The Harmon Murphy Group. He and partner, Diane Harmon are consistently amongst the top producers in their office and in Pensacola.
Preston’s accomplishments are certainly impressive. He began his real estate career at age 19 while still attending college at the University of West Florida. Being so young, still in school and starting a business would seem like an insurmountable obstacle to most, not for Preston. His business has increased EVERY year, selling more houses then the year before and every year since he started. That’s AMAZING and his success continued even during “the Shift” in 2007 and 2008 when the market was in terrible shape. He went on to earn a Bachelors Degree in Professional Accountancy and a Masters in Business Administration.
In 2013 he and fellow REALTOR®, Diane Harmon teamed up to form The Harmon Murphy Group. While the average real estate agent makes about 8 sales a year, Preston was closing an average of 50 transactions a year. Last year, when he and Diane joined forces, they closed more than 130! For 2014 their goal is to reach at least 160 closed transactions. And they certainly are on track to do so.
I asked Preston what the key to his success was. He said simply “I stick to the basics. Anyone can do it”. He said the backbone of his business is integrity, honesty and really listening to the customer. Another key factor in his success, he says, is staying grounded and keeping your ego in check. Having worked with Preston myself, I can tell you, he is always more than helpful, and willing to go above and beyond for this clients.
Some of the reasons he says he likes working with Adams Homes is our seamless process, the peace of mind his customers enjoy from the quality of our homes and how easy it is to work with the Adams agents. Thank you, Preston! We consider you, The Harmon Murphy Group and Keller Williams Realty Gulf Coast an integral part of our team!
Submitted by: Andrea De La Cerna
Site Manager, REALTOR®
The Harmon Murphy Group
Keller Williams Realty Gulf Coast
- 10/4—25th Annual Peanut Festival, 9-6pm, Gabbert Farm in Jay
- 10/10-12—Greek Festival, Annuciation Greek Orthodox Church
- 10/11—Bras Across The Bridge, 8am, Bob Sikes Bridge
- 10/11—Pensacola Mud Run, 7:30am, St. Matthews Baptist Church, Cantonment
- 10/16-26—Pensacola State Fair
- 10/25—Barktoberfest, 9-4pm, Seville Square
- 10/25—Make Strides Against Breast Cancer Mall Walk, 7am, Cordova Mall. Walk starts at 8am
DID YOU KNOW?
- The sun is 4 times further from the earth than the moon, but the moon is 400 times smaller than the sun.
- Milk chocolate is good for no more than 8-10 months, but dark chocolate can last up to 2 years.
- The bushes and clouds in Super Mario Bros are the same, just different colors.
- A typical car can use 1.6 oz. of gas idling for 1 minute.
- A pencil has the potential to draw a line for 38 miles long.
- About 1 in 8 US women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- Besides skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women.
- A mans lifetime risk of breast cancer is about 1 in 1000.
- A cubic inch of bone is about 4 times as strong as concrete.
- If you eat a tsp. of sugar after eating something spicy, it will completely neutralize the heat.
- You can get a rough estimate of the temperature by counting how many times a cricket chirps in 15 seconds, then add 37.
- You replace every particle in your body every 7 years.
SALES AGENT OF THE QUARTER
Sales Agent of the Quarter
See ya next month!