Written by: Gail Morris
This month's issue:
- Our Communities
- Community Events
- Ready Now Homes
- May Incentive
- Garden Tips
- Lawn & Flower Tips
Robins Ridge II—Trad/Patio
Twin Pines II—Traditional
Click on Community Name for Additional Community Info
May is full of community events for you and your family. Here are just a few listed below.
- 5/10 – Chalk It Up Pensacola
- 5/10 – Palafox Wine Walk Downtown 4-7
- 5/11 – Mother’s Day Concert at Beach
- 5/17 – Fiesta Family Weekend—Children Treasure Hunt
- 5/25 – Memorial Day Ceremony
- 5/31 – Zombie Run
READY NOW HOMES
to view our HOTSHEET and READY NOW HOMES inventory!
- $15,000 price reduction, plus $1,000 realtor bonus and $5,000 in free upgrades and option money on your pre-sales or inventory homes!
HUNTINGTON-MLS#444291, INDIAN LAKE-MLS#443141 & ROBINS RIDGE-MLS#441569 & #441631
- $9,000 in free upgrades and option money on your pre-sales or inventory homes, plus $1,000 realtor bonus!
LOGAN PLACE, PROVIDENCE MANOR, SUMMERFIELD, TWIN PINES, WEATHERSTONE & additional homes in INDIAN LAKE
- $5,000 in free upgrades and option money on your pre-sales or inventory homes, plus $1,000 realtor bonus!
(Inventory homes must be 70% complete)
- Spade or plow the plot at least three weeks before planting. At planting time, rework the soil into a smooth, firm surface.
- Soil pH is important because it governs how available nutrients are to plants. The best pH range for vegetable gardens on sandy soil is between pH 5.8 and 6.3. If your soil pH is between 5.5 and 7.0, no adjustment in pH needs to be made.
- Commercial synthetic fertilizer is usually needed for Florida gardens. Gardeners find it convenient to use commonly available fertilizer grades, such as 6-6-6 or 10-10-10.
- Vegetables cannot tolerate standing water from excessive rainfall or irrigation
- Plant flowers in the vegetable garden. They provide nectar and pollen that attract beneficial insects.
LAWN & FLOWER TIPS
- Adjust irrigation based on rainfall.
- Deadhead flowers to encourage new blooms.
- Monitor the garden for insects and disease.
Mow lawns at recommended heights:
- St. Augustine & Bahia: 3-4” Centipede: 1.5-2.0”
- Dwarf St. Augustine: 2.5”
See ya next month!