Written by: Gail Morris
This month’s issue:
- Our Communities
- Ready Now Homes
- June Happenings
- Lots Available
- Helpful Lawn Tips
- Funny Facts
Click on Community Name for Additional Community Info
|Robins Ridge II
|Twin Pines II
READY NOW HOMES
to view our HOTSHEET and READY NOW HOMES inventory!
Pensacola International Billfish Tournament, www.pbgfc.com
Drive-in Movies, Maritime Park, Penguins of Madagascar, 8:15 (Spread out on lawn or tailgate in your car, SUV or truck
Dodge Brawl Tournament, Pensacola Bay Center, 8am-10am, www.pensacolabaycenter.com
Pensacola Fishing Rodeo, Flounders, www.pensacolafishingrodeo.com
~ Catch Them While You Can ~
Southwoods – Only 5 Lots Left
Summerfield – 1 Ready Now Home Left
Twin Pines – Only 3 Lots Left
HELPFUL LAWN TIPS
Don’t have a “Lawn Mullet”, neat in the front yard and an un-mowed mess in the back! Here are some helpful lawn hits for you.
- One-Third Rule: Removing more than 1/3 of the grass blade will stress out your lawn. If you cut or take out too much of the grass blade, your lawn will have a difficult time thriving and will instead look burnt out.
- Highest Acceptable Height: When you have long grass blades, your roots will grow deeper. Grass that has deeper roots will withstand drought and oppose pests and diseases.
- Sharp Mower Blades: Your lawn’s appearance is enhanced by sharp mower blades. Cleaner cuts of grass are provided by sharp blades. Grass will be able to recover from mowing faster when it is cut by sharp blades.
- Apply Fertilizer: Use fertilizer to get a healthy, green lawn. You have to apply fertilizer at the right time to get the best results. Consult with your local Weed Man professional for options.
- Deal with Weeds, Insects and Diseases: Brown circles or dry areas around your lawn means that you might have a problem. As problems travel under the soil, big circles called brownouts caused by fungal disease or insects leave a line of traceable dead grass. Your Weed Man professional can help identify the exact problem and recommend treatment.
- Deep Watering: Deep (rather than shallow) lawn watering is encouraged to grow deeper roots. One inch of water to 12 inches of soil is the preferred ratio for watering actively growing grass. Watering your lawn every three days is better than watering a few minutes every day.
- Check Your Irrigation System: For proper turf watering, test your irrigation system. One suggestion is to place five straight-sided pans around your lawn. When you turn your irrigation system on, take note of how long it takes for one inch of water to accumulate. Check to see if all the pans get the same amount of water. You might need to adjust the amount or distance of your lawn’s sprinkler heads.
- Recycling 1 glass jar saves enough energy to watch TV for 3 hours.
- The placement of a donkey’s eyes in it’s head enables it to see all 4 of his feet at the same time.
- Humans are the only primate that don’t have pigment in the palm of their hands.
- Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers & laser printers were all invented by women.
- A horse can look forward with 1 eye and back with the other.
- Churchill Downs, Yankee Stadium, the Rose Bowl, the Roman Colosseum, and Vatican City call all fit inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at the same time.
- The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.
See ya next month!