12 Easy Patriotic Recipe Ideas Perfect For Memorial Day
Hooray for a long weekend! Memorial Day is this coming Monday, which means tasty food, fireworks, and spending time with the ones you love. Are you still looking for a few last minute patriotic recipe ideas? If so, here are some easy and delish perfectly patriotic recipe ideas.
- Try keeping it old school with a good old grilled hot dog with Sauerkraut and mustard. A side of ranch beans and a side of regular potato chips make the perfect combination.
- If you are not much for hot dogs, try grilling hamburgers and top with fresh romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, and ketchup.
- If you’re looking for something a little more fancy, give this recipe for Drunken Pirate Ribs a whirl.
- In search of a sweet treat the kids will love!? Give this recipe a try. Purchase a box of ice-cream sandwiches, a bag of chocolate chips for melting, and red, white, and blue sprinkles. Next, cut off the top half of the white paper so that half of the ice-cream sandwich is exposed. Then, melt the chocolate chips and dip at an angle a corner of the exposed ice-cream sandwich. Last, before the chocolate dries sprinkle on thin layer of the red, white, and blue sprinkles.
- For a more healthy spin on a sweet treat, give this recipe a try. You will need a star shape cookie cutter, slices of watermelon, your choice of sliced cheese, fresh blueberries and toothpicks. This is simple, just take the star shaped cookie cutter and cut out star shaped pieces of watermelon and cheese. Then, layer accordingly to the above picture, use the toothpick to hold everything together.
- You will need a star cookie cutter, slices of watermelon, fresh (or frozen) blueberries, and skewers. Simply use the star shape cookie cutter to cut out star shaped pieces of watermelon then place the watermelon and blueberries on skewers as shown in the picture above.
- This sweet treat is similar to the first example but instead of dipping in melt chocolate, you let the ice-cream sandwiches sit out for a minute then you sprinkle a thin layer of red, white, and blue sprinkles on to the slightly thawed ice-cream.
- Another healthy sweet treat idea is to do a watermelon, cheese, and fresh blueberry shaped American Flag fruit & cheese tray.
- Red, white, and blue chocolate dipped strawberries. You will need fresh strawberries, white chocolate chips for melting, and blue crystal sprinkles. Simply melt the white chocolate chips, dip the strawberries in half way. Next, dip the tips of the melted white chocolate in the blue crystal sprinkles. Next, set aside on wax paper and let dry. (You can also place a tray full of the finish strawberries in the freeze for a faster drying time)
- Simply buy a box of red velvet cake mix, white icing, blue crystal sprinkles, and red & blue star sprinkles. Bake cupcakes accordingly then ice cupcakes and use sprinkles as desired.
- This option is a lasagna baked is the space of an American Flag.
- For this sweet treat, you will need fresh blueberries, bananas, fresh strawberries, and wooden skewers. Simply place fruit on wood skewers accordingly to make the pattern of an American Flag.
- Chocolate dipped pretzels. For this snack you will need pretzel sticks, white chocolate chips for melting, red crystal sprinkles, white crystal sprinkles, and blue crystal sprinkles. Simply melt the white chocolate. Next, dip into the crystal sprinkles accordingly to make flag pattern above. One the blue section use little drips of white melted chocolate to create the tiny white stars.
Checkout these other tasty recipe ideas:
About Adams Homes:
Founded in 1991, Adams Homes is known as the premier home builder and is one of the largest privately-held home building companies in the southeast. Adams Homes has built more than 40,000 new homes since 1991 and builds in seven states including new homes for sale in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee with corporate headquarters in Gulf Breeze, Florida.
Discover all Adams Homes’ communities, model homes and homes for sale on our website, www.AdamsHomes.com. We have new homes for sale perfect for the first-time buyer, move-up home buyer, who desires to upgrade to a more accommodating new home, and the empty nester who desires to downsize to a smaller home.
While you’re at our website, explore our mortgage calculator and obtain financing information.
Connect with Adams Homes: