THE 12 MORTGAGE DO’S AND DONT’S
So you found your dream home and have secured a mortgage pre-approval. Congratulations! You are nearing the finish line of becoming a homeowner. It’s so exciting, right? Proceed with caution, that approved status can slip away with just a few wrong moves. Don’t get caught in mortgage pre-approval bliss and start spending, it’s those good habits that ensured you got the mortgage in the first place.
Here are some do and do not’s to make sure you stay on track from now until closing.
Due to increased credit qualifying standards imposed on all lenders, we would like to advise you of a few things you can do to help your loan close on time!
Did you know? Underwriting parameters and loan quality Initiatives now require us to update your credit report within a few days of closing and any new inquiries will require us to verify if you have acquired new debt, as well as verify any significant adverse changes to your credit profile including significant balance or payment increases prior to your closing on your mortgage.
Significant changes can delay the closing of your loan and could impact your loan approval. Continue to pay your bills on time
- Continue to pay your existing mortgage (refinance)
- Contact your lender before acquiring any new debt aka making any purchases
- Respond to your lender’s request for documents quickly
The Do Not’s:
- Have additional non-mortgage related inquiries to your credit
- Apply for any new loans, auto loans, mortgages, or credit cards
- Make any major purchase using credit
- Buy anything on a 12 or 24 month no interest, no payment promotion
- Change jobs or change your pay structure without speaking with your lender first
- Pay off any collections or close any accounts unless you speak with your lender first
- Bounce any checks
- Make any large deposits to your accounts until you talk to your lender
Follow these steps and you’ll be sure to have an on-time, smooth closing.
About Adams Homes
Founded in 1991 by Wayne Adams, Adams Homes started serving homebuyers in Pensacola, Florida. Throughout the 1990’s and early 2000’s, Adams Homes grew its business into markets throughout Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi. Since 2005, Adams Homes has expanded into markets in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee with corporate headquarters located in Gulf Breeze, Florida.
As one of the largest privately-held new home builders, Adams Homes has built more than 35,000 new homes since its inception in 1991. Adams Homes caters to first-time buyers, move-up buyers and empty nesters in more than 100 communities. With a portfolio of home designs featuring both concrete block/stucco exteriors as well as all brick homes, Adams Homes has a selection available for nearly every budget.
Connect with Adams Homes online:
Twitter at www.twitter.com/#!/AdamsHomesTweet